Multifunction SBAS Flight Management System for Helicopters
Helicopters require avionics specifically designed for the unique rigours of corporate, military and special mission rotary-wing flight which is why we created Avidyne Helios. Helios is a new multifunction Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS) flight management system that provides full Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Area Navigation (RNAV) capability, including Localizer Performance with Vertical (LPV), Lateral Navigation/Vertical Navigation (LNAV/VNAV), LNAV-Only, and Approach Procedures with Vertical (APV) approach modes in a dzus-mount.
But true capability required ease-of-use which is why we built-in features like easy flight planning, one-touch departure, airway, and arrival navigation, and included our patented GeoFill™ waypoint nomination. We even included a full keyboard and touch-screen input for easy map panning and flight plan editing.
- TSO-C146c for full SBAS/LPV approach guidance
- Display of XM or ADS-B weather with full graphics overlay
- Displays Jeppesen™ Electronic Approach Charts and Airport Diagrams including Heliports
- QWERTY-style dedicated keyboard along with touch-screen hybrid touch user interface
- Traffic display from TCAS, TAS, or ADS-B